Wide Horizons For Children, Inc. employment policies and practices promote equal employment opportunities for all persons when filing for staff positions. WHFC does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, color, creed, national origin, age, religion, marital status, disability, sexual preference or genetic information. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
DIRECTOR OF ADVANCEMENT
Wide Horizons For Children is an international child welfare organization dedicated to improving the lives of some of the most desperate children in the world. Knowing that every child needs the love and security of a family to survive and thrive, WHFC has developed strong programming aimed at strengthening families, improving care for institutionalized children and finding family permanency through adoption. Each day our programming saves the lives of vulnerable children and provides new opportunities such as improved education and health for others. We are passionate about what we do and dedicated to doing more – because the need is so great. We have a strong reputation and an extraordinary staff.
ROLE DESCRIPTION — IS THIS YOU?
You are a charismatic leader who can leverage your strategic and management skills in the key areas of fundraising and communications to expand our footprint in the world.You welcome stretch goals and have the energy, creativity, and determination to do more than expected. You are equally comfortable working with numbers and data as you are reviewing strategic communications. You have had a demonstrated track record of success with major donors and understand the nuances of a donor-centric organization, one that puts the donor right in the middle of our mission.
Entrepreneurial in your approach, you want to grow our organization because that’s what gets you excited. You can happily collaborate with program people, board members, the CEO and consultants but also work well independently because you are keenly disciplined and goal-oriented.
EXPERIENCE: THE CANDIDATE WILL HAVE...
- 10+ years’ experience in relevant senior management positions
- Demonstrated success establishing and executing best practice fundraising programs with emphasis on growing major donor contributions. You have a personal record of soliciting 5-7 figure gifts
- Significant expertise crafting and executing both strategic and operational plans
- Strong numeracy skills in forecasting, budgeting, and analytics
- Technical savvy, and have experience with Blackbaud or related software platforms
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and experience building and managing effective teams
- Experience working with boards, volunteers and consultants
Sorry, no relocation assistance provided. We are an equal Opportunity Employer.